Wheatgrass is the green, growing and processing plant that will eventually
become a shaft of wheat, produce grain, die, and be harvested. It is a
completely different animal when it is still in the grass stage. At only
seven days, the wheatgrass is 6 to 9 inches tall and can be cut and juiced.
The deep green juice is abundant with vitamins, minerals, enzymes, chlorophyll
and vital life energy. It is intensely concentrated and benefits are seen
with as little as one ounce a day.
Wheatgrass Juice is one of the best sources of living chlorophyll available.
It contains 70% chlorophyll, chlorophyll being the basis of all plant life.
Science has proven that chlorophyll arrests growth and development of unfriendly
bacteria and helps to destroy free radicals. Chlorophyll (wheatgrass juice)
has a nearly identical chemical structure to hemoglobin (red blood cells),
which is the body's critical oxygen and iron-carrying blood protein. Dr.Birscher,
a research scientist, called chlorophyll "concentrated sun power." He says
chlorophyll increases function of the heart, affects the vascular system,
the uterus, the intestine and the lungs. According to Dr. Birscher, nature
uses chlorophyll as a body cleanser, rebuilder and neutralizer of toxins.
Wheat grass juice can dissolve scars that are formed in the lungs from
breathing acid gasses. The effects of carbon monoxide is minimized since
chlorophyll increases hemoglobin production. Wheat grass juice helps to
reduce high blood pressure as the juice helps to reduce toxins from the
body and gives the blood iron which helps circulation. It purifies the
blood. It also contains 20 amino acids, several hundred different
enzymes not found in other foods, as many as 90 out of 102 possible minerals,
vitamins and other important nutrients. One ounce of wheatgrass juice has
the vitamin and mineral equivalent of 2.2 pounds of fresh vegetables. It
contains most of the vitamins and minerals needed for human maintenance,
including the elusive B12. Many of the benefits of wheatgrass juice stem
from the fact that it is a living food, which is a complete protein with
about 30 enzymes and is approximately 70% crude chlorophyll. Wheatgrass
Juice helps to stimulate metabolism and contains enzyme systems and an
abundance of alkaline minerals. Wheatgrass juice
has been proven over many years to benefit people in numerous ways: cleansing
the lymph system, building the blood, restoring balance in the body, removing
toxic metals from the cells, nourishing the liver and kidneys and restoring
I'm allergic to wheat. Can I eat wheat grass?
Almost certainly, yes.
Wheat allergies are usually a reaction to the gluten
found in the wheat berry. Wheat grass is a vegetable, cut before the wheat
plant forms the grain (berry).
Wheatgrass juice is made from juicing the wheat grass plant. You need
a good juicer to do this, and you should consume only freshly juiced wheat
1. Wheatgrass juice is 70% chlorophyll.
2. Chlorophyll is the first product of light and, therefore, contains more
light energy than any other element.
3. Wheatgrass juice is a crude chlorophyll and can be taken orally and
as a colon implant without toxic side effects.
4. Chlorophyll is the basis of all plant life.
5. Wheatgrass is high in oxygen like all green plants that contain chlorophyll.
The brain and all body tissues function at an optimal level in a highly-
6. Chlorophyll is antibacterial and can be used inside and outside the
body as a healer.
7. Dr. Bernard Jensen says that it only takes minutes to digest wheatgrass
juice and uses up very little body energy.
8. Science has proven that chlorophyll arrests growth and development of
9. Chlorophyll (wheatgrass) rebuilds the bloodstream. Studies of various
animals have shown chlorophyll to be free of any toxic reaction. The red
cell count was returned to normal within 4 to 5 days of the administration
of chlorophyll, even in those animals which were known to be extremely
anemic or low in red cell count.
10. Farmers in the Midwest who have sterile cows and bulls put them on
wheatgrass to restore fertility. (The high magnesium content in chlorophyll
builds enzymes that restore the sex hormones.)
11. Chlorophyll can be extracted from many plants, but wheatgrass is superior
because it has been found to have over 100 elements needed by man. If grown
in organic soil, it absorbs 92 of the known 102 minerals from the soil.
12. Wheatgrass has what is called the grass-juice factor which has been
shown to keep herbivorous animals alive indefinitely.
13. Dr. Ann Wigmore has been helping people get well from chronic disorders
for 30 years using wheatgrass.
14. Liquid chlorophyll gets into the tissues, refines them, and makes them
15. Wheatgrass juice is a superior detoxification agent compared to carrot
juice and other fruits and vegetables. Dr. Earp-Thomas, associate of Ann
Wigmore, says that 15 pounds of wheatgrass is the equivalent of 350 pounds
of carrots, lettuce, celery, and so forth.
16. Liquid chlorophyll washes drug deposits from the body.
17. Chlorophyll neutralizes toxins in the body.
18. Chlorophyll helps purify the liver.
19. Chlorophyll improves blood sugar problems.
20. Wheatgrass juice cures acne and even removes scars after it his been
ingested for seven to eight months. The diet must be improved at the same
21. In "The American Journal of Surgery" (1940), Benjamin Cruskin, M.D.,
recommends chlorophyll for its antiseptic benefits. The article suggests
the following clinical uses for chlorophyll: to clear up foul-smelling
odors, neutralize strep infections, heal wounds, hasten skin grafting,
cure chronic sinusitis, overcome ear inflammation and infections, reduce
varicose veins and heal leg ulcers, eliminate impetigo and other scabby
eruptions, heal rectal sores, successfully treat inflammation of the uterine
cervix, get rid of parasitic vaginal infections, reduce typhoid fever,
and cure advanced pyorrhea in many cases.
22. Wheatgrass juice acts as a detergent in the body and is used as a body
23. A small amount of wheatgrass juice in the human diet prevents tooth
24. Wheatgrass juice held in the mouth for 5 minutes will eliminate toothaches.
It pulls poisons from the gums.
25. Gargle with wheatgrass juice for a sore throat.
26. Pyorrhea of the mouth: lay pulp of wheatgrass soaked in juice on diseased
area in mouth or chew wheatgrass, spitting out pulp.
27. Drink wheatgrass juice for skin problems such as eczema or psoriasis.
28. Wheatgrass juice keeps the hair from graying.
29. By taking wheatgrass juice, one may feel a difference in strength,
endurance, health, and spirituality, and experience a sense of well-being.
30. Wheatgrass juice improves the digestion.
31. Wheatgrass juice is great for blood disorders of all kinds.
32. Wheatgrass juice is high in enzymes.
33. Wheatgrass juice is an excellent skin cleanser and can be absorbed
through the skin for nutrition. Pour green juice over your body in a tub
of warm water and soak for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse off with cold water.
34. Wheatgrass implants (enemas) are great for healing and detoxifying
the colon walls. The implants also heal and cleanse the internal Organs.
After an enema, wait 20 minutes, then implant 4 ounces of wheatgrass juice.
Retain for 20 minutes.
35. Wheatgrass juice is great for constipation and keeping the bowels open.
It is high in magnesium.
36. Dr. Birscher, a research scientist, called chlorophyll "concentrated
sun power." He said, "Chlorophyll increases the function of the heart,
affects the vascular system, the intestines, the uterus, and the lungs."
37. According to Dr. Birscher, nature uses chlorophyll (wheatgrass) as
a body cleanser, rebuilder, and neutralizer of toxins.
38. Wheatgrass juice can dissolve the scars that are formed in the lungs
from breathing acid gasses. The effect of carbon monoxide is minimized
since chlorophyll increases hemoglobin production.
39. Wheatgrass juice reduces high blood pressure and enhances the capillaries.
40. Wheatgrass juice can remove heavy metals from the body.
For normal health maintenance 1 to 4 oz daily;
For therapeutic dosage 4 to 8 oz daily.
Wheatgrass is a powerful "detoxifier" of both the liver and large intestine.
Consequently, people should gradually increase from one ounce a day to
eight ounces spread throughout the day. Too much can release too many poisons
Where can you get it?
Though it is available in powdered and tablet form, fresh-squeezed
juice is considered best.
It is best to grow it yourself from the wheat berries.
How to grow your own:
Growing Wheat Grass, Sunflower and Buckwheat greens:
Fill any size pot with soil that has been mixed with peat moss. This will
assure good ventilation and drainage for developing roots. You may fertilize
the soil with one tbsp. of kelp per pot (optional).
Soak the wheat berries, sunflower seed or buckwheat seed overnight. For
best germination results, allow seed to drain 8 hours before planting.
Wet the soil in the pot thoroughly.
Spread a layer of seed over the soil. Each seed should touch another on
all sides, but should not have any others on top of it. In other word,
all the seeds should have access to the soil, and form a thick carpet covering
Cover this layer of seed with 4-8 pieces of soaking wet newspaper. Finally,
place a piece of plastic over that to prevent the newspapers from drying
out. Allow plastic edges to drape over the pot, do not tuck underneath,
as the seeds need air to grow.
On the fourth day, remove the covering and water the greens (this will
be their first drink).
Place the pots in indirect sunlight, either inside on a windowsill or outside
in a shady spot. Water the greens daily, once a day. On the seventh day,
the greens will be at their peak. The buckwheat and sunflower greens will
be from 5-7 inches tall, the wheatgrass, about 7 or 8 inches tall.
Cut all greens as close to the base as possible. This is where the majority
of vitamins are stored.
Compost the used soil and reuse when it has decomposed
What's So Great About Wheat Grass juice? - alt.folklore.herbs
EarthStar Primal Diet